User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Cast For A "Nightmare" Remake

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great choices everyone. I will have to think on this one and get back to you.

I do think that for most of the kids I would want to cast unknown actors. but would like to use more seasoned actors for the Parents. Similar to the original ANOES.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think.

Cameo appearance has to be Robert as maybe the Janitor of the high school

totally horror actors here and old skool

Sir Christopher lee as Sheriff
    Doug Bradley as Freddy krueger

still need to think about the others. but what you think so far
    "1.2 freddy's coming for you. 3.4 better lock your door. 5.6 grab your crucifix.
    7.8 better stay up late. 9.10 never sleep again." Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go radical and select a weird and wonderful bunch as sometimes it creates the best results - Much like an alcoholic cocktail. Have 1-2 knowns in there, but have a widely unknown main cast. Ones that haven't solidified themselves in mainstream positions already. Freddy is OK due to the makeup/mask but the rest should remain somewhat unknown.

Freddy Krueger - Matthew McConaughey

Strange choice I know, but he has a sinister smile and much like Health Ledger to the Joker, I believe Matthew McConaughey would revel in a role like this. Even his "human" janitor look can be done incredibly well. as seen below. similar facial features also.

Nancy Thomson - (Jessica De Gouwe)

At first I thought of Lily Collins, but she is far too polished to come off as Nancy and would be who they would pick for a typical empty remake. The look of a warrior and survivor has to bear some emotional, internal, but also bears external scars in the form of an "exhausted" look. We want to get behind her in a non-literal way so she has to appear ordinary

Tina - Dakota Fanning

Realistic blonde. This is what made Nightmare on Elm st more terrifying was the natural look of it's female cast. Not supermodels, not eye candy in anyway (even back then) which made people focus on the character and the story a bit more rather than being distracted by cosmetics.

Glen - (Avan Jogia)

The Naive dumb friendly jock who is Nancy's boyfriend.

Rod Lane - (Chris Anton)

Troubled teen who acts tough, but isn't really all that bad on in the inside past that angry exterior.

Lt. Thomson - (Enrico Colantoni)

This guy has just got police officer and detective written all over him. You can picture him with the officer suit on eating the donuts from his squad car as we speak

Maggie Thomson (Nany's mum) - (Lauren Landon OR Elizabeth Barrington)

Either of these 2 would be able to carry out the role of Nancy's mother IMO. Just can't decide between Lauren (first pic) or Elizabeth (2nd pic)

I would also have John Leguizamo as a detective somewhere for a "special appearance" on screen for a few lines.

Matthew would be playing Freddy as a wacky evil dark sadistic creep. No monotone dry voice, Freddy will be full of suspense and energy. He would be a "child murderer" and not a suspected child "abuser". Less CGI effects and more makeup and realism - Dark misty streets, quiet gym halls and basements of the school, suspense and build up's based on storyline and eerie strings, not on sudden shock value or gore.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    I would go radical and select a weird and wonderful bunch as sometimes it creates the best results - Much like an alcoholic cocktail. Have 1-2 knowns in there, but have a widely unknown main cast. Ones that haven't solidified themselves in mainstream positions already. Freddy is OK due to the makeup/mask but the rest should remain somewhat unknown.

Freddy Krueger - Matthew McConaughey

Strange choice I know, but he has a sinister smile and much like Health Ledger to the Joker, I believe Matthew McConaughey would revel in a role like this. Even his "human" janitor look can be done incredibly well. as seen below. similar facial features also.

Nancy Thomson - (Jessica De Gouwe)

At first I thought of Lily Collins, but she is far too polished to come off as Nancy and would be who they would pick for a typical empty remake. The look of a warrior and survivor has to bear some emotional, internal, but also bears external scars in the form of an "exhausted" look. We want to get behind her in a non-literal way so she has to appear ordinary

Tina - Dakota Fanning

Realistic blonde. This is what made Nightmare on Elm st more terrifying was the natural look of it's female cast. Not supermodels, not eye candy in anyway (even back then) which made people focus on the character and the story a bit more rather than being distracted by cosmetics.

Glen - (Avan Jogia)

The Naive dumb friendly jock who is Nancy's boyfriend.

Rod Lane - (Chris Anton)

Troubled teen who acts tough, but isn't really all that bad on in the inside past that angry exterior.

Lt. Thomson - (Enrico Colantoni)

This guy has just got police officer and detective written all over him. You can picture him with the officer suit on eating the donuts from his squad car as we speak

Maggie Thomson (Nany's mum) - (Lauren Landon OR Elizabeth Barrington)

Either of these 2 would be able to carry out the role of Nancy's mother IMO. Just can't decide between Lauren (first pic) or Elizabeth (2nd pic)

I would also have John Leguizamo as a detective somewhere for a "special appearance" on screen for a few lines.

Matthew would be playing Freddy as a wacky evil dark sadistic creep. No monotone dry voice, Freddy will be full of suspense and energy. He would be a "child murderer" and not a suspected child "abuser". Less CGI effects and more makeup and realism - Dark misty streets, quiet gym halls and basements of the school, suspense and build up's based on storyline and eerie strings, not on sudden shock value or gore.
    Great picks,Matthew would be perfect!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ElmStFx; 09-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually going to sit down and spend some time on this. This is something I think the entire forum can contribute in to make an all rounded fan favourite edition of a script, cast, direction etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the Freddy in Matthew. He has Freddy's expressions down to a T. He also has the long Freddy neck that I notice every time I watch Part 2.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ryan gosling as freddy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freddy- Alan Tudyk: Anyone who has seen him on Dollhouse knows why.

Nancy-Felicia Day: In my mind she certainly has the right look and I am a fan of her acting style and think she could bring something down to earth to Nancy

Lt. Donald Thompson- Bryan Cranston: Cranston did the voice of commissioner Gordon in Year One, I can see him brining something similar to this part.

BornOfFire
    Alan Tudyk would be an awesome pick! Good call, never seen anyone suggest him.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re-surrecting an old thread just for fun ^^ ...

I really think it would be cool if the circle would close after all those years and ...

Johnny Depp would play the next Freddy (don't pick up your throwing stones, yet ^^)

Besides beeing a great and very changeable actor, he definately has the humor and
    the dark side needed, and it would be such a great nod to the beginning of his career.

I think it would also be cool if the special effects guys would create his Freddy make-up
    kind of like Darkride creates his masks - with a Robert Englund likeness. So you would have
    Johnny Depp playing Robert Englund as Freddy ^^ ... just keep the rum away from him ...