User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2 could actually be getting closer...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert can't do a sequel to the remake...I mean seriously, how much sense would that make? No if they ever do a sequel to the remake, we need Jackie back. If they choose to go back to the original canon the way Texas Chainsaw did, then by all means, bring Robert back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say leave well enough alone and stop rehashing old shit, unless you can do it justice. The real problem isn't the people chosen for the roles, it's the fucktard producers who make these abominations.

Robert Englund did his part for the original Nightmare series, even though many of those films had their shortcomings. The sequels all had to live off the reputation of the first film, and they built a successful franchise. The point is, it had an ending of sorts, but they can never leave well enough alone.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions~ this is mine and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K Krueger View Post
    I will just keep hopinig for a sequel. I Pray for Robert Englund to repraise the roll. Allthough I didn't think Jackie did a bad job. Really I will take all the freddy I can get!!! Remake- Reboot-Sequel, Freddy's Nightmares-Hell I'll even take him in Cartoon or a 100% CGI Movie! JUST GIVE ME MORE FREDDY!!!!!
    I think I can accommodate you on that one, me and a group of people are in the process of making a 15 minute fan film right now. We have this ready as a teaser for you.

1240489_10201260141164126_1385614744_n.jpg

I know that I'm wearing blue jeans in this pic but it will change to black slacks in the filming we are doing next month. We're shooting this at Full Sail University with all the film school gear there so We are making this with a Red X Camera. Real hollywood style camera gear and with professional HMI and Tungsten lighting. Basically everything that gets used in Hollywood is at our disposal for making this fan film. Not something shot on some cheesy Canon 7D.
    Last edited by Brad Harris; 08-27-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddysnightmare View Post
    Sweet news! I'm not a fan of the remake but I'm hoping that someone out there can make a decent Freddy film. I also vote for a different actor to play Freddy like Robert Knepper or maybe even a fan would be sweet. I'd be up for it!

- Jay.
    when I heard about the nightmare remake I was watching prison break and I hoped that Robert Knepper would play Freddy and he even looks like a younger Robert Englund imo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropy View Post
    when I heard about the nightmare remake I was watching prison break and I hoped that Robert Knepper would play Freddy and he even looks like a younger Robert Englund imo
    Wow he would be a perfect freddy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard Billy Bob Thorton was going to take the role.. A re-make sequel isn't even in the works. If anything, they should have done a New Nightmare sequel. Everyone supports JEH's role, but I thought he was a terrible Freddy. Let Roberto Lombardi take the role.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colby Chaos For This Useful Post:

Roberto Lombardi (08-20-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you, Jackie is great, Jackie as freddy was AWFUL and I hated it!!!!

The remake was a truly terrible film, and though some of the original sequels had some bad ideas nothing compared to the 'kiddie Polaroids under the bed', it was just so unnecessary and off putting. Everyone knew freddy was a child killer, but that was it, some mentions over 8 films but otherwise nothing. Remake producers always think they have to 'expand the mythology' when basically what they mean/do is add backstory that you don't need to know in order to be affected by the film.

The most effective horror films of all time don't tell you how the 'evil' was made, just that it exists and does what it does. That's it.

One of my favourite movies is 'the hitcher' (original, not the awful remake) and that film is tense and interesting psychological horror/action/thriller but the best thing going for it is the mystery, you don't know who this guy is, where he came from, even his name is fake - but he's nuts! An unstoppable force that may do anything at any time, and you go on this roller coaster ride watching the film and seeing the awful things he does yet still feel empathy for him at the end, who needs backstory when you have quality storytelling like that!

less is more! Sorry, just my 2p/2c
    Last edited by DeanS15; 03-22-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=DeanS15;71169.

The most effective horror films of all time don't tell you how the 'evil' was made, just that it exists and does what it does. That's it.

less is more! Sorry, just my 2p/2c [/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. The Joker in TDK and in the comics is a good example. I know others have given some cool back stories but it has to be done right and ambiguous, or as the Joker puts it "multiple choice". The Joker didn't have a back story until 88!

I don't need to see Jaws as a baby shark and I didn't need to know about Freddy's photos.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, in the film, the jokers back story consists of little anecdotes about his past that he changes from person to person, otherwise he just literally shows up out of nowhere with no reason for doing what he does, he just does it. That's the way to do a villain right there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd somewhat agree about the back story comments but we already knew he was a child killer/molester so I'm not sure how you could be surprised or put off by actually showing it. For me, that made him even more scarier and evil. As a fan of the entire series, he became a joke really and wasn't remotely scary as the series moved along. If Robert would have played Freddy in this movie, I have a feeling it would be praised as an amazing movie. It's just unfortunate this movie had no chance once Robert wasn't cast in the role. Be honest, most people immediately thought the movie was bad once Freddy wasn't cast as Freddy. I prefer Robert all day long and twice on Sunday, but I liked the remake for what it was. The good news is that watching it doesn't destroy your collection of the originals so they are always there to watch again. I watched the remake with my 17 year old niece recently and she really enjoyed it when I know she would likely think the originals are silly and before her time...just my two cents

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jarrett62960 For This Useful Post:

DAKAZA (06-22-2014)