User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2 could actually be getting closer...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 30!! I enjoy more modern films too but some horror seems much better set up in a time where you weren't connected to everyone and everything via technology, this way it's believable to be truly isolated or in trouble with no one to help. I have to disagree though, some of the biggest recent 'horror' hits, good or not, are set years back whether it be something like 'woman in black' (late 1800's) or 'the conjuring' (1970's) etc. so if it's well made and had a good story then there's an audience waiting.

Something like 'The Devils Rejects' could easily have been adapted very little (if at all) and set in modern day but is so much better for being set in the 70's... In my opinion it does make a huge difference...

Making a film for a modern audience doesn't necessarily mean making it modern if that makes any sense?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS15 View Post
    I'm 30!! I enjoy more modern films too but some horror seems much better set up in a time where you weren't connected to everyone and everything via technology, this way it's believable to be truly isolated or in trouble with no one to help. I have to disagree though, some of the biggest recent 'horror' hits, good or not, are set years back whether it be something like 'woman in black' (late 1800's) or 'the conjuring' (1970's) etc. so if it's well made and had a good story then there's an audience waiting.

Something like 'The Devils Rejects' could easily have been adapted very little (if at all) and set in modern day but is so much better for being set in the 70's... In my opinion it does make a huge difference...

Making a film for a modern audience doesn't necessarily mean making it modern if that makes any sense?
    I didn't say it couldn't be done, just said that it typically won't be done. If you know the horror industry, then you know they are typically made because they are cheap and almost automatic in terms of box office success because they know teens will turn out in droves to watch them. Rob Zombie, for example, is different because he is a fan of the genre. You get one or two of those for the 100's of Saws, Paranormal Activity, Found Footage Vomit, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think both points a valid, however when AMOES came out it was the idea and story line that scared you, the possibility of being haunted mixed with a little of the fantasy unknown factor. No scare tactics with weird camera angels and set up " boo" scenes that are aimed at teens that can a will scream at that mess. The conjuring had a great idea that could happen or was based on a true story that had a scare factor to it, the fact that it was set in the 70's also made it believable along with the seclusion of living in a rural area. I think if you have the right elements and good writing you can scare a large audience set up in any period.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with both of you, my comments are a bit inconsistent, I have a little trouble conveying exactly what I think if that makes sense... Ended up on a bit of a tangent lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in no way saying I prefer the modern setting. Just saying that's what is being produced in general because it's what the larger audience wants. The hardcore horror fan base is smaller than than the general teen population going to the theaters to watch whatever pops on the screen. I know many horror fans, but they don't collect masks, gloves, busts, etc. Just saying that typically, horror movies aren't made for the hardcore fans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Update. hope it will happen