Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remake Freddy glove?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Remake Freddy glove?

This has been on my minde since I saw the remake how come Jackie Earle Haley’s Freddy glove is so much bigger than the original nightmare on Elm street gloves? That is one of the problems I have with the newFreddy. In the originals he kicked ass with his descent sized gloves so why dose “new Freddy” need to out due old Freddy? I don’t know that’s just me whatdo you all think?
    Last edited by Freddy's cassie; 05-14-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    "No no no don't be afraid this time it isn't one of your nightmares this one was mine"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Freddy's cassie For This Useful Post:

Tahenytouchup (05-16-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hated all aspects of the remake, not just the glove. The acting- Terrible, Jackie- don't get me started, the overhaul of the backstory- disappointing. So many things didn't make sense or add up in the movie. I'm convinced it was made to piss us off! As for the glove, they probably didn't bother getting any dimensions of the original gloves, and like everything else in the movie, they wanted to make it their own, the totally lame rehash scenes of the original aside.
    Last edited by Fred Krueger; 05-14-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    "You shouldn't have buried me....I'm not dead."
    Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Krueger For This Useful Post:

Tahenytouchup (05-16-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Krueger View Post
    I hated all aspects of the remake, not just the glove. The acting- Terrible, Jackie- don't get me started, the overhaul of the backstory- disappointing. So many things didn't make sense or add up in the movie. I'm convinced it was made to piss us off! As for the glove, they probably didn't bother getting any dimensions of the original gloves, and like everything else in the movie, they wanted to make it their own, the totally lame rehash scenes of the original aside.
    I agree 100% Jckie i respect the hell out of him for at least trieing to talk to robert be for they made the film and watching the frist movie to get some ideas but I agree they made it to piss off Fredhaeds like us
    "No no no don't be afraid this time it isn't one of your nightmares this one was mine"

Westchester, New York, United States, United States—>Florida, United states
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't find Jackie Earle Haley very menacing as the new Freddy Krueger honestly...perhaps it was compensating for his lack of dominant stature. That would be my best guess. The glove itself (because of its sheer scale) was the only menacing part about him to me. For instance, the size of the VS glove and its huge blades.
    One, two, freddys coming for you....

three, four, better lock your door....

five, six, grab your crucifix....

seven, eight, better stay awake....

nine, ten, never sleep again....

Every town has an Elm street

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i actually love the remake glove, at first i didnt. have you ever wondered if you would like the remake glove better if it was worn by robert in the original series?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfvkta View Post
    i actually love the remake glove, at first i didnt. have you ever wondered if you would like the remake glove better if it was worn by robert in the original series?
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

But they're not..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfvkta View Post
    I think I would like it better on Robert but yeah the VS glove was huge and looked killer on him

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by neversleepagain2010 View Post
    I didn't find Jackie Earle Haley very menacing as the new Freddy Krueger honestly...perhaps it was compensating for his lack of dominant stature. That would be my best guess. The glove itself (because of its sheer scale) was the only menacing part about him to me. For instance, the size of the VS glove and its huge blades.
    I agree with you. but I have to admit the things he did to the kids Sexualy scared me silly...for personal rezones but other than that not really I mean he lacked what makes freddy so scary.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problems with the remake are the makeup and the jump scares. I think by trying to make Freddy look more realistic, they only succeeded to make him look more artificial. There was nothing natural about the way the makeup moved with his face. That and the look of the eyes made him look almost like a wounded animal. Not a man. Picture Jackie with makeup similur to Freddy's look in part 2. Dark and scary. I think more people would have embrassed the film and it's differences from the original series. Also the jump scares were pointless and uninspired. That's not frightening, that's cheap. One more thing..the CGI was terrible.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />
    "The souls..of the children....GIVE ME STRENGTH."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RYN For This Useful Post:

Freddy's cassie (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did nothing much worse then Fred did in the Original. It was there but it was subtext due to what was happening at that point of time. I believe a big child molester case was being held so they had to dumb t down a bit. But look at tinas death he wa in her bed, under the covers it had all the uncomfortable feelings of some one being raped with out showing it... but that was the intention. I respect the remake for trying to make it scary again... but they just failed. i dis-respect some of the later original nightmare films for making Fred into a clown(even though i love them) ... Wes wasnt apart of them... so what makes them any different from the remake apart from Robert playing Fred. Just because New line slapped there name on it for some cash means shit. So i dont see the remake being that much of a big deal as the sequals. Id still watch them over the remake but it always pisses me off seeing what could have been. Thats why i usualy watch the original every week, its scary... its original its Freddy Krueger how he should be.

As for the glove... i dont like it nough said. what made the original glove scary to me were the thin blades... being cut like a razor and tourtured i see them thick ass blades and dont get as scared. but any way, it is what it is. And so are the originals so just sit back and watch them for what they are or dont watch them at all :P
    Oh, God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count my self a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

BlooDSheD.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlooDSheD View Post
    He did nothing much worse then Fred did in the Original. It was there but it was subtext due to what was happening at that point of time. I believe a big child molester case was being held so they had to dumb t down a bit. But look at tinas death he wa in her bed, under the covers it had all the uncomfortable feelings of some one being raped with out showing it... but that was the intention. I respect the remake for trying to make it scary again... but they just failed. i dis-respect some of the later original nightmare films for making Fred into a clown(even though i love them) ... Wes wasnt apart of them... so what makes them any different from the remake apart from Robert playing Fred. Just because New line slapped there name on it for some cash means shit. So i dont see the remake being that much of a big deal as the sequals. Id still watch them over the remake but it always pisses me off seeing what could have been. Thats why i usualy watch the original every week, its scary... its original its Freddy Krueger how he should be.

As for the glove... i dont like it nough said. what made the original glove scary to me were the thin blades... being cut like a razor and tourtured i see them thick ass blades and dont get as scared. but any way, it is what it is. And so are the originals so just sit back and watch them for what they are or dont watch them at all :P
    This is all true but I think that aspect of the character is best left as subtext, otherwise the dark fun of character and the film are completely wiped away. As seen in the remake..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterBoddah For This Useful Post:

Freddy's cassie (03-01-2013)