User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remake ANOES Blu-ray / DVD Thoughts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i haven't picked this up yet, i was disappointed at the lack of special features on it, is there anything decent in the making of doc?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i dont think the special feature are worth anything, they dont show crap on there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink i loved the remake of nightmare on elm street

i loved the remake of nightmare on elm street.i thought it was great.i hear they are making a second one.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The special features are good. I just don't like the format. They have segments on the sweater, glove, make up etc..... good but of course could have been longer.

P.S. You actually see the cuff of the glove on the Blu-Ray!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's crazy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I just watched the Blu ray after having not seen the film since May of last year. My opinion of the movie hasn't changed much. I hated the new Nancy, she was just not nancy. If you're going to rename and change half of the characters, why not just re name Nancy as well, that way you don't even have a reference to draw comparisons to? The scenes that played as tributes to the original were pretty poorly done, and the writing was really just bad. Having said that, on it's own merits it did try to introduce some new elements and new characters to make it stand out from the other films in the original series, the problem is every time they would do a scene that reminded you of the original film it just threw into sharp contrast the fact that you weren't. This movie does not compare to the original....at all. I have heard all the talk about how JEH just seemed more sinister and angry than Robert ever did. Watch part one again, "I'll kill you slow", "I'm gonna split you in two" does that not sound angry and menacing? In the original Freddy was brutal. I really just didn't feel any sort of menace at all from Jackie. This is not to say I didn't think he did a good job, he did. I just didn't feel as invested in his freddy. Same for Rooney Mara's Nancy. She was about as interesting as Ben Affleck in daredevil. She had no personality, she stared, she drew things, she cried and looked in shock occasionally (which was hard to tell, since it seemed like her normal facial expression) and she had no spunk. Sure, maybe this played into the fact that she was playing someone who had been molested, but once again, if you are going to change the character so radically from it's original incarnation, why even call her Nancy? I know It sounds like I hated it, I didn't. I enjoyed several bits. But it was not really what I would want to see in a remake of one of my most beloved horror films. I guess I should have expected it. I love Psycho, the remake was a waste of good film stock, I love Halloween, Rob Zombie took a crap on it. I really didn't mind the Friday reboot, and so far the best remake I have seen was MY Bloody Valentine 3D, which is sorta sad. Now when they gonna remake Phantasm? Sleepaway camp? If so I hope they have more respect for the source material than Platinum Dunes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think alot of people forget just how dark Freddy was in the original. It seems to have been overshadowed by the more comical Freddy of the later films. So when JEH came in and brought back that aspect it just seemed "new" and different.

"How many of our daydreams would darken into nightmares, were there a danger of their coming true!"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching the "special" features it just kind of disgusts me the way the screen writer and director talk about the original film and series, saying there wasn't a lot of info into Freddy's backstory and mythology. Did they even watch the films? Total disrespect and disregard for Wes Craven's story. Oh well, you reap what you sow, and it doesn't look like they will get a chance to F anything else up for a while, with the Friday sequel on hold and no talk of a nightmare sequel at all, I guess someone finally woke up when it comes to letting Michael Bay and PD screw with the classics.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly I expected it to have more deleted scenes. Don't know why, but they seem much more interesting than the final cut.