User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just watched the remake last night...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Just watched the remake last night...

I have to say that the remake pales in comparison to the original film. My girlfriend loves Freddy as much as I do and even she agreed that it was not as good, although we agreed that there were some interesting cinematic sequences and themes that were cool.

Of course, no one can top Robert Englund~ The one and only TRUE Freddy Krueger!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hated it with every fiber of my being. It makes me sick to my stomach and I'll never watch it again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah- it basically sucked! Haha!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate it but it was a disapointment for sure. I wish they would have done some more creative kills and Dream sequences. While I did think Jackie was good I didn't care fo the look they gave him and really no one can beat robert Englund! I always laugh because my wife loves the remake. I tease her and call her a re-make whore cause she likes most remakes better than the originals. She loves the Blonde girl in the Re-make...

I actually wish they would take another stab at a reboot/ sequel but that will probably never happen now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still better than most of the atrocious sequels we were spoon-fed in the original series.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved 1, 3, 4 and New Nightmare... I don't think the re-make even comes close to matching Freddy's revenge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Chaos View Post
    I loved 1, 3, 4 and New Nightmare... I don't think the re-make even comes close to matching Freddy's revenge.
    Bahahahaaaa! I actually really enjoy Freddy's revenge these days. Kill for me Jesse!

When the sequel to the 2010 Nightmare was still a possibility of happening they were talking about combinding the ideas of part 2 and 3...could have been cool but now it looks as though Freddy might have to stay dead for a bit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a fan of reboots or sequels. Instead I prefer fresh and original themes and ideas, which is why the original Nightmare on Elm Street was so great. Wes Craven infused life into a story and characters that had never been thought of before, and here we are nearly 30 years later still amazed at how awesome it is. The original series is only great relative to the consistency in having Robert Englund reprising the role and delivering a great performance each and every time he wore the costume. There was a continuum and flow to the story lines and development of the character of Freddy. Even Freddy Vs. Jason was a treat and very nostalgic for someone such as myself who grew up loving these horror films from the 1980's.

Freddy simply lacked the look and feeling that Robert brought to the screen and overall, Jackie's performance was lacking. From a straight acting perspective, the entire film was somewhat weak, as was the writing. From the first scene in the diner where we see the lead male protagonist in the film, my girlfriend was like "Please kill this douche first", and he lasted the entire movie! Hahaha!!!

The scenes were especially poorly done where they were taking scenes or imagery from the original movie and trying to paste them into the film out of context didn't help out either. Just unnecessary and irrelevant to everything involving the moments and actions of the characters involved at times. The example I would cite the most was when Nancy is in the school and she sees her friend in the body bag and then that was it. It was like "O.K.~ what the hell was the point of that?".

I did like the cinematography of the pharmacy scene where Nancy is going in and out of reality and the dream world while Freddy was attacking her. Ouside of that one instance, it wasn't even that visually awesome. The really bad CGI of the "wall stretching" scene with Nancy in bed absolutely sucked. Just goes to prove that real effects are still the best ones!
    I like to hear different opinions on things, mostly because I like to hear different perspectives on subjects. My general assessment of this movie is "it wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought as it was going to be, but the original film is still reigning supreme and Freddy as portrayed by Robert Englund is unbeatable."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightmare fiend For This Useful Post:

K Krueger (04-04-2013),mawgaman (04-22-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Chaos View Post
    I hated it with every fiber of my being. It makes me sick to my stomach and I'll never watch it again.
    i totally agree. worst movie ever. my kids love freddy so me and my girlfriend watched it first then decided if they wanna see it when they are older fine but we arnt even telling them about it. i will never watch it again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkdbrt View Post
    i totally agree. worst movie ever. my kids love freddy so me and my girlfriend watched it first then decided if they wanna see it when they are older fine but we arnt even telling them about it. i will never watch it again.
    HAHAHAHAAAA! Ignorance is Bliss!