User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Reason to Hate This Movie!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K Krueger View Post
    Keep Dreaming though it will be a long While before we see that. If ever....Luckily we have Son Of A Hundred Maniacs to Look Forard to.
    I heard that!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with that man I could go on and on about how bad the remake was but I think you all beat me too it
    "No no no don't be afraid this time it isn't one of your nightmares this one was mine"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shitty ass movie, shitty ass make up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully what they have done with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and just picking up in the original series (if you could call it that?) will come to other horror franchises as well considering Platinum Dunes has pretty much raped Freddy and Jason. Also whoever decided that Rooney Mara was a good pick as Nancy deserves to be shot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I guess I'm just crazy. I decided to watch it again the other night and I liked it. Now I'll agree that the acting was bad in a lot of places (not uncommon for scary movies) but I really liked the story. I thought how they brought out a real connection between the kids and Freddy was interesting. The original (still my favorite) just said "Freddy killed kids and we didn't like that so we killed him, now he's back for our kids". The first time I watched the remake I guess I missed Fred's master plan at the end. I thought it was awesome that he was purposely leading Nancy around, keeping her awake long enough to fall into a coma so that he could torture her forever because she was his favorite (as a child, a connection not made in the original). I guess I'm in the minority here but I liked the movie overall. Like I said, I thought the actor choices were poor for the most part but I really enjoyed the back story elements and was happy to see scary Freddy over wise cracking Freddy. "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet"...I loved that line

Just this guys opinion though and again...I love the originals as I grew up with them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I disliked the film, mainly because it felt rushed and I really wanted a longer film I have to say they got one thing right...the song. I just really like the remakes song it's very creepy and puts you on edge a little.
    I love the originals song as well but I guess I have heard to much to really get into it like I did back when I was younger.

-Sean

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on the music. I've been watching the originals again as it's been a long time and the music for the most part just isn't creepy. A lot of the suspenseful chase scenes have that synthesized 80's sound (obviously) that just simply isn't creepy today. I'm not dissing the originals as they will always be classics...but I found myself laughing at a lot of the chase sequences because of the music. Of course I didn't laugh when I was a kid watching them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remake was terrible to say the least. I thought I would give it a go, even though I was reluctant to. When I saw the new guy to play Freddy, I just had to laugh. Robert brought his own moves to Freddy and made a fantastic character and then Jackie comes along and (this is my honest opinion) made Freddy something he isn't. I don't think I could ever watch the film again. The originals are the best and no one should have tried to top that with someone new.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me I wanted to see more of the dream world. Something along the lines of Inception. Cities on top of cities things that couldn't possibly happen in the real world. It's like, you have access to bend the rules of reality in the dream world but we never really get to see it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely the worst of the remakes of the big three in the genre, and the other two were nothing to write home about themselves.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997