User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Reason to Hate This Movie!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no robert as freddy just doesnt work period. Watched this one time and that was enough.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could of at least had robert as a cameo... jackie earl was a poor choice for freddy imo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me to the list of haters. There are films that have truly benefited from being remade; The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, The Fly, Godzilla, and King Kong are just a few that come to mind. ANOES is a movie that neither benefited nor needed to be remade. They recycled some plot points verbatim and totally went off the reservation with others. Add an inferior Freddy to the mix and I don't know what you got, but it ain't good. I'd even take that silly F13 remake with a cave-dwelling, Hills Have Eyes Jason over it.

Now that people have had time to reflect, I think it's clear that most fans didn't care for it and want Robert back. And I also think it's clear that Robert loves the role and would only turn down the part if he was physically unable to do it anymore. So what's the problem? There's a huge fan base and an actor ready to sit in the makeup chair, so what's the hold up? New Line not interested in making money anymore? Makes no sense to me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly never saw the remake and never will. There are some movies you just keep your hands off and never do a remake of it. NOES sure is one of them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that it was a pointless remake. Poltergeist is the next one, it also still stands up very well today.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 years later and we're still debating this? Move on, people.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debate?

What debate?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New line as it was no longer exists, the original key people in the franchise probably have little to no creative control now. Bob shaye would probably green light another robert freddy tomorrow but it's not his call, I think it comes down to the platinum dunes people now and I don't think they're about to start to listen to the people who buy the tickets any time soon.... Not very smart. Even if it was just one more film with robert, the novelty factor would bring people out and even on a 15-20m dollar film there would be no financial risk. (I for one tend to prefer lower budget horror as it's far more inventive and less polished anyway)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Not only would there be no financial risk, but all the fans would come out of the woodwork to see the film after the announcement that Robert was back to reprise the role that only he can play. Especially if they hyped it right. The studio would make bank, much more than that remake mess pulled in.

There are all the reasons in the world for them to move forward. Now all we need is for someone with half a brain to pull the trigger.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd personally rather not have another sequel to the original run of Nightmares...run the risk of going to space, the hood, etc....good news is your original movies will always be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk