User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: My perspective on the remake

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also in the minority here as I like the 2010 movie. The thing is, I view it as its own thing, not a Nightmare on Elm Street or even a Freddy Krueger movie. When I look at it this way I think it's pretty cool. I also like Jackie quite a bit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look at remakes the same way. Most people hate remakes because they expect to see the same thing they seen 30 years ago not realizing these films are re-done with someone else's ideas as how they would make them. I'm sure even with the originals there is something to where people have seen things that maybe they would've done differently or like to have added to in order to make it better.

Now as far as the 2010 remake though I look at it as it's own movie it still had a lot of flaws and farfetched ideas which is understandable why it failed. It did have a few good take away moments such as a few scenes with Jackie brought the seriousness and horror feeling of the original however I do not think he's a good fit for the role. Also the Pied Pipper story was genius and I feel could've been used in the original to explain Freddy's unusual attire. Then lastly the idea of the micro naps put in that was great. Overall I thought it was ok but I'm not a huge fan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to freddyckrueger For This Useful Post:

adarknightmaremovie (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't do it for me at all..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen the remake in a long time. I don't even own the movie but I own the Neca figures still. I will have to check it out again this coming October. I remember long ago when I first saw it I liked it a lot. Then when it came out on dvd I didn't like it. I will have to rewatch it now years later to see what my opinion stands with the film. I didn't watch it enough to gather feelings but I do remember it being really boring and dry.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can just watch it and let yourself have fun....it's a good movie. It has its place separate from the original series which had run its course after 3....maybe 4 but it pretty well jumped the shark for me there but I can enjoy it on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the remake. I got no problem with that movie. In fact, that's how i know Freddy in the first place when i was watching "Fox Movies Premium", that's how i got in this interest. Well people have different way to know Freddy in the first place, but i got the remake as my first place to know him.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just re watched the film last night. Not as bad as I remembered but definitely still a boring movie. It drags but when Jackie comes on the screen it's pretty cool. No one can beat Robert but I give Jackie a clap for making his best effort. Not as good as the original but not bad at all.

Westchester, New York, United States, United States—>Florida, United states
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw it as another restylization of Freddy. Ultimately I see Robert coming back as him because they love to give the the fans what they want
    One, two, freddys coming for you....

three, four, better lock your door....

five, six, grab your crucifix....

seven, eight, better stay awake....

nine, ten, never sleep again....

Every town has an Elm street

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, I echo what a lot of you have said about the remake, but the main reason I dont like it is because you cant see it even as its own things, its own take on what freddy should/is... from the forced dialogue to the poor attempts at recreating many of the scares and scenes that made the originals great. I can sit there and watch the remake and see the plays on the old movies, if i remember I saw gags from parts 1-5 throughout the film, maybe more. That reason makes it hard to watch and enjoy, because when you put those scenes out there that are direct rips from the originals, you give the fredheads no choice, but to compare and they will lose out to the originals hands down. I felt there was very little originality in the movie, the one thing i liked was the micro sleeping i think it was called, great concept. JEH I had high hopes for him and maybe he did better than I think, but its still hard not to compare him to Robert. anyway, my two pennies....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried really hard to like this movie, but I just can't. The script writing, the bad acting (forced emotion), the makeup, and the use of CGI was terrible. After having gone back and watching the original, I can't say it was a motion picture masterpiece, but it was for the time. It established the foundation upon future installments and created a cult following. I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone could say the same about this one.