User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major differences between leaked script and movie.

BornOfFire

Major differences between leaked script and movie.

Never read the script cause I didn't want to ruin the fun. Was wondering what the major differences were. Also, I remember Mark asking Brad F. if the blood fountain was going to be in the movie and Brad said yes or implied it would be. Which leads me to another question of what was the remake missing?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was quite different than the leaked script. There were several similarities and some scenes were nearly spot on accurate. But I would say that most of the script was changed. Especially the dialogue. There was no scene at the end where Freddy has a long chat with Nancy. Quentin died in the end of the leaked script but apparently he survived based on what we saw in the film. But I was really upset when the bed fountain was not in the movie. Brad said he would not let me down when I asked if the bed fountain made it in and he DID let me down. Then he said if I wanted to see the bed fountain, I have the original. It sucks that I came up with my own ending of the NOES remake and thought it would have been infinitely better than the actual one they made.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mayb they did shoot all the ideas above but just cut them down and will leave it for the unrated dvd edtion,it seems to a popular thing to do now just to sell a few more dvds?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so, i really want to see the orgianl scenes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i could come up with a better story/ backstory than they did. i felt like the whole story was rushed and had allot of plot holes. that and i just hated the overall atmosphere of the movie. it didnt feel like noes. it felt more like saw meets m night shyamalan. felt way too modern "cheap, mass produced, little effort"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it had a little of The OC vibe going on there

I haven't seen it since it came out but I don't think I thought it was that bad. The cg wall thing, the constant loud noise scares, didn't really like the child molester part and his hide away... Tho the original Freddy was supposed to be a child molester but they changed it for the movie because of the public reaction to recent news articles about the subject or something... gonna have to buy it on tuesday...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was overall happy with it, there are many things I would have changed in it. Personally, I do feel that we were a bit short-changed when it came to many things. The kills were sudden and quick. I was especially disappointed with Kris' death, the last big fight, and the ending of the film. I guess I just really would have preferred my own idea to end the film instead of what they really did.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your idea Knifegloves?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freddy gets defeated by Nancy and Quentin. Two weeks or so pass by and, after recuperating for a bit, the two try to continue on with their lives. We find them sitting on Quentin's or Nancy's bed (just thinking back on their ordeal.. lights are on and the room is bright). Nancy begins to quietly cry. Quentin asks her if she's okay and they briefly mention how they can't believe that everything really happened and are relieved that it's finally over. The two lie on the bed and comfort each other and eventually drift asleep. Then suddenly, Freddy's arm reaches out of the mattress (like it did in the original when Glenn fell asleep) and Freddy starts to pull Quentin into a hole in the bed (just like Glenn). Quentin screams and it wakes Nancy and she struggles to pull Quentin free. He gets pulled deeper and deeper and is finally yanked from Nancy's grip and he disappears into the hole. Then a fountain of blood violently shoots up from the hole and completely covers Nancy and the room with liquid gore. Nancy screams in horror and as the blood slows, Freddy's sinister laugh is heard as the camera slowly zooms in on the face of the horrified Nancy... we smash to black... roll credits.

Or something like this...
    Last edited by Knifegloves; 10-01-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a really good idea Mark, i love the idea of the blood fountain like in the original!