Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My New Screen used scores

Westchester, New York, United States, United States—>Florida, United states
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was told that by David miller that the holes being hollow were special effects. Thanks for the concern. All this information is specifically obtained. You didn't answer my question about your background and experience I wonder why ��

- - - Updated - - -

And as far as an actual repaint, it appears that the white of the hock is original as it displays many age flaws and minor age cracks. Just the blue parts were repainted as they were gone. When the back of the hock is shown in the opening credits, that side is actually special effects as it gets there through the eye that doesn't really have a hole.
    One, two, freddys coming for you....

three, four, better lock your door....

five, six, grab your crucifix....

seven, eight, better stay awake....

nine, ten, never sleep again....

Every town has an Elm street

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neversleepagain2010 View Post
    He was told that by David miller that the holes being hollow were special effects. Thanks for the concern. All this information is specifically obtained. You didn't answer my question about your background and experience I wonder why ��

When the back of the hock is shown in the opening credits, that side is actually special effects as it gets there through the eye that doesn't really have a hole.

I work in the effects industry. The holes were not "special effects" they were holes. The backside of the hock was the hock. Also not special effects. Nothing about that shoot could really be considered special effects, it was just stop motion filming.

They wouldn't make a 3ft tall hock to film, only to go back and edit holes into the footage. They wouldn't have the time or budget to do that, and on top of that, it's just impractical.

I've emailed David and we'll see what his take is on this.
    Last edited by SlipKnoT; 04-19-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Westchester, New York, United States, United States—>Florida, United states
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually by the time part 5 was out the friday the 13th series had achieved a lot of recognition and therefore, income. The old owners reckless son repainted the blue markings incorrectly while thinking he was "helping" his dad. The kid unfortunately is a routine menace he was told not to mess with the hock. Trust me as a screen used item experienced individual, makers of screen used props put little "quirks" in them to make sure they can recognize them again when they need to and so they cannot be imitated. The part 1/2 glove is like that (ive had a template glove) but won't say how
    so, just a real life example. And the forehead did not "grow", it is simply angle that makes you percieve such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SlipKnoT View Post
    I've been in the effects industry for 11 years. I've made and painted hocks for three. The holes were not "special effects" they were holes. The backside of the hock was the hock. Also not special effects. Nothing about that shoot could really be considered special effects, it was just stop motion filming.

They wouldn't make a 3ft tall hock to film, only to go back and edit holes into the footage. They wouldn't have the time or budget to do that, and on top of that, it's just impractical.

I've emailed David and we'll see what his take is on this.
    I have attempted contact as well with no progress made =/ I think the right way to have this proven is for him to have it in his hands...
    One, two, freddys coming for you....

three, four, better lock your door....

five, six, grab your crucifix....

seven, eight, better stay awake....

nine, ten, never sleep again....

Every town has an Elm street

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this thread is all kinds of lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auz For This Useful Post:

neversleepagain2010 (08-10-2014),nowonmai (08-08-2014)