Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Immortal Masks Is Officially In the Freddy Mask Business

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immortal Masks Is Officially In the Freddy Mask Business

Who's to say they don't see a return on investment? I'd say they have a good shot considering again they can advertise this mask freely and openly without fear of retribution from license holders. If you search Freddy masks on Google or whatever I'd say these will end up popping up more than anything else when all
    Is said and done along with an "order" button. Any additional info on price or release? I only find this thread when I search and the video you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jarrett62960; 09-07-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neversleepagain2010 View Post
    I disagree I think it looks more like Robert. Robert doesn't have that ridiculous bridge of his nose as Freddy that darkride's does, as far as cheek bones are concerned, that can change with wearer as can the scowl.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks the nose on the Darkride 4 looks weird. Looks really weird on some of the worn shots I've seen but again as Kenny mentioned that's likely due to us folks cursed with the massive domes. But truth be told it looks strange to me even in the display shots I've seen. The 4 seems to be the one everyone gravitates to but to me the torched 2 and original torched are by far the best looking of the bunch.

Last edited by jarrett62960; 09-07-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett62960 View Post
    Who's to say they don't see a return on investment? I'd say they have a good shot considering again they can advertise this mask freely and openly without fear of retribution from license holders. If you search Freddy masks on Google or whatever I'd say these will end up popping up more than anything else when all
    Is said and done along with an "order" button. Any additional info on price or release? I only find this thread when I search and the video you posted
    It's a very good possibility, if the $1000 asking price is legit as Fun.com reports. And that will be the only place you can buy it. This has all been discussed in the thread. No new news from George or anyone else. The pics were suppose to drop in April and the mask was suppose to be released for sale sometime this fall. It's now September and still nothing.

James has been in the business for many years. Searching google images for a Freddy silicone mask brings up pic after pic of his masks being worn. I doubt Darkride is in danger of getting muscled out of google because of this mask, especially if it's $1000.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KennyThaKilla View Post
    It's a very good possibility, if the $1000 asking price is legit as Fun.com reports. And that will be the only place you can buy it. This has all been discussed in the thread. No new news from George or anyone else. The pics were suppose to drop in April and the mask was suppose to be released for sale sometime this fall. It's now September and still nothing.

James has been in the business for many years. Searching google images for a Freddy silicone mask brings up pic after pic of his masks being worn. I doubt Darkride is in danger of getting muscled out of google because of this mask, especially if it's $1000.
    Sure you can find Darkride pics but you can't order without talking to James these days and it's well documented that isn't the easiest thing to do at times. I never said James would be muscled out, or at least I didn't mean it that way. But James really isn't in business (officially) or he'd have a site you could order from. You can't really do that unless you have a license but that's not an unknown thing. I know you know that, just giving the reasoning behind what I said. I think Immortal will do just fine with their mask as clearly they do just fine in general. They have an advantage in that they can legally advertise and sell their licensed mask. That being said I'm sure they didn't just blindly acquire the license and had some forethought into what they could charge and what they could make by offering them. You may not pay $1,000, I won't be either, but I'm sure plenty will if that's in fact the actual price when all is said and done. I think the $1,000 price won't be accurate anyways. I just browsed their site and the most expensive silicone mask I see is $750 and that's for something gigantic and with horns and such. So unless you're saying immortal won't be selling them through their site whatsoever, I'd be shocked to see a $250 jump from their current lineup. I'd be shocked in general to see $1,000 and I thought somewhere in this thread it was said that might change anyways (by you maybe). Guess we will just have to wait and see until someone officially confirms any of this stuff.

Side note the fun.com site is such an odd place to buy a high end mask. Nothing even close to this type of mask on there currently so that could be a problem for them.

Either way I'm curious to know more if you find out more details on it before it's announced or whatever

Last edited by jarrett62960; 09-07-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett62960 View Post
    Side note the fun.com site is such an odd place to buy a high end mask. Nothing even close to this type of mask on there currently so that could be a problem for them.

Either way I'm curious to know more if you find out more details on it before it's announced or whatever
    This is true. No disrespect to Immortal here but with this mask, places such as fun.com and halloweencostumes.com are slightly different choices to market masks of this high-end calibre? I had hoped that there would have been more news on this release, but this has been a very tight-lipped situation so far. Both yourself and Kenny are correct here. I would have thought that everyone should have had access to updates by now?

I would have thought they would have included this in their lineup to be ordered directly from their own site, rather than outsourcing it to other sellers, especially sellers who aren't normally known for selling very high end silicones in decent quantities? Probably a lot of curve balls going around and the real situation will be revealed when they are properly ready to open the gates?

Usually the very high priced silicones are the ones with masses of extra work in them ie werewolf masks or zombie masks with punched hair as an extra. I would be very surprised if they release this one with a $1,000 price tag?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FurnaceFreak For This Useful Post:

KennyThaKilla (10-08-2016)

Westchester, New York, United States, United States—>Florida, United states
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got the scoop from them: they're on the shelf like that because they're waiting on packaging and the license has been obtained to replicate Freddy so closely. Although it looks like an spfx Freddy mask, what sets it apart from it and all others is there is mesh reinforcement in every millimeter of this mask. It won't just be worth it for being official but also this one will be built to last.
    Last edited by neversleepagain2010; 09-12-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    One, two, freddys coming for you....

three, four, better lock your door....

five, six, grab your crucifix....

seven, eight, better stay awake....

nine, ten, never sleep again....

Every town has an Elm street

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update.

I really question how many they're going to move a $1000 a pop, however. That price drove me away.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh! View Post
    Thanks for the update.

I really question how many they're going to move a $1000 a pop, however. That price drove me away.
    I'd wait before making your mind up....who knows if that will be the final price at this point and honestly I'd be shocked if it was. Go look at their site of existing masks. This would be their most expensive mask by $250 if that price were accurate and they have much more intricate masks with hair, horns, etc. I can't see Freddy being that much by comparison

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Halloween fast approaching, you'd think they'd put it up for sale by now...

I don't know that I'd go higher than $500 for another Freddy mask -- but I sure wouldn't go $1,000! Time will tell.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's going on here with this mask? It's still not for sale yet and September is almost over. And I'm sorry, but I'm having a tough time seeing much of a Robert likeness in this mask at all. Those lips looked jacked as he'll . Looks like he's git duck lips going on there.

Although I will say this, the burn textures look so much better than Darkride's. Much more detailed and deep.