Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Immortal Masks Is Officially In the Freddy Mask Business

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Grimm View Post
    Maybe James should focus more on fulfilling outstanding orders that have been backed up for 2 years first before creating a new scupt that will more than likely create even more outstanding orders.
    daaaaaaaanh - bring a little more heat next time hahaha !!!

Jacob with the truth bombs...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by litos07 View Post
    daaaaaaaanh - bring a little more heat next time hahaha !!!

Jacob with the truth bombs...
    Hey, I just call it like I see it.

But in all seriousness, when in the Devils name is this mask from immortal suppose to start selling?

For petes sake, September for all intents and purposes is over. Yet the mask is still nowhere to be found on fun.com

Hey immortal, is there anyway you can find out what the hold up is? Some of us would actually like to purchase this mask.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just call it like I see it.

But in all seriousness, when in the Devils name is this mask from immortal suppose to start selling?

For petes sake, September for all intents and purposes is over. Yet the mask is still nowhere to be found on fun.com

Hey immortal, is there anyway you can find out what the hold up is? Some of us would actually like to purchase this mask.
    Yep - thread was started in Feb, so when I started reading the first post I was like "can't wait to see where to buy this thing"

7 months later and it's MIA...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by litos07 View Post
    Yep - thread was started in Feb, so when I started reading the first post I was like "can't wait to see where to buy this thing"

7 months later and it's MIA...
    Well thats B.S to be honest. Immortal spent all that time hyping it up and yet it's still not for sale. Now I do realize that they fulfilled their part of the contract by making the mask and that they're not responsible for selling it. But there should be some way they can find out what in the world is going on.

I still wish they would've done a better job of making it look more like Robert but oh well. Atleast we won't have to wait 1 to 2 years after purchasing before finally getting it...ahem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still doesn't look a whole lot like Robert though. Which is too bad, Darkride could use the conpetition.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I do realize that they fulfilled their part of the contract by making the mask and that they're not responsible for selling it. But there should be some way they can find out what in the world is going on.
    Agree with you there. Being honest here, it's been a strange approach to marketing this release? Too many rumours flying around. First it was halloweencostumes.com and fun.com, now it's rumoured only fun.com to be the sellers here? It still seems a really oddball strategy to me. September is nearly over and still zero confirmed news made public? Are these rumours just deflections to keep people guessing? I'm hoping things will work out fine...just been a strange winding road to get there. Customers really should be kept in the loop as they're parting with their hard earned cash for these expensive pieces, which goes for anything ordered by a customer, regardless of what it is.

Too many drawn-out speculations are going to put more people off than it will attract I would have thought? The longer it takes for updates if it drags on for too long, more people will walk. Lots of questions without answers...and if it really is going to be the thick end of $1,000 (771 GBP) that's too rich for my blood, although that might be a rumour itself? On the upside, the faster delivery time (and hopefully shipment-tracking) after buying would be a plus point.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a poor business model to me, but maybe they're counting on selling out right away so it doesn't matter to them if they go sale now or October 25th.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess what's still not for sale at fun.com?

http://www.fun.com/search.aspx?q=freddy+krueger

I guess they feel this would be more of a Christmas purchase. After all, Freddy's sweater is red and green...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett62960 View Post
    You may not pay $1,000, I won't be either, but I'm sure plenty will if that's in fact the actual price when all is said and done. I think the $1,000 price won't be accurate anyways. I just browsed their site and the most expensive silicone mask I see is $750 and that's for something gigantic and with horns and such. So unless you're saying immortal won't be selling them through their site whatsoever, I'd be shocked to see a $250 jump from their current lineup. I'd be shocked in general to see $1,000 and I thought somewhere in this thread it was said that might change anyways (by you maybe). Guess we will just have to wait and see until someone officially confirms any of this stuff.
    As per George, Immortal isn't selling the mask through their site whatsoever. Last official word I've heard about pricing....

I don't think plenty will by it at that price, considering the lack of a Robert likeness. Not with James still selling his masks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by neversleepagain2010 View Post
    just got the scoop from them: they're on the shelf like that because they're waiting on packaging and the license has been obtained to replicate Freddy so closely. Although it looks like an spfx Freddy mask, what sets it apart from it and all others is there is mesh reinforcement in every millimeter of this mask. It won't just be worth it for being official but also this one will be built to last.
    I personally don't care so much about that. I can't say I've ever torn a silicone mask. Most people who put them on and take them off correctly won't either, providing it's a proper thickness. Reinforcement around the mouth and eyes works just fine for me.

Maybe James should focus more on fulfilling outstanding orders that have been backed up for 2 years first before creating a new scupt that will more than likely create even more outstanding orders. This guy is going to be backed up to the moon if he keeps biting off more than he can chew.

Great masks, yeah if you don't mind waiting 1 to 2 years to get it.
    That's why he's stopped taking orders until next year - to get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doh! View Post
    Guess what's still not for sale at fun.com?

http://www.fun.com/search.aspx?q=freddy+krueger

I guess they feel this would be more of a Christmas purchase. After all, Freddy's sweater is red and green...
    It's pretty ridiculous. Safe to say someone dropped the ball somewhere. My guess is fun.com caught wind of the blowback on the price and doesn't know wtf to do now. They'll probably end up taking a loss.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KennyThaKilla For This Useful Post:

FurnaceFreak (10-09-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyThaKilla View Post
    I can't say I've ever torn a silicone mask. Most people who put them on and take them off correctly won't either, providing it's a proper thickness. Reinforcement around the mouth and eyes works just fine for me. It's pretty ridiculous. Safe to say someone dropped the ball somewhere. My guess is fun.com caught wind of the blowback on the price and doesn't know wtf to do now. They'll probably end up taking a loss.
    Both very good points. It's good to know that they'll be total and full reinforcement inside the mask as with their other pieces...however I've never torn a silicone mask either and I think it's safe to say that none of us here really wear these things on a daily basis to subject them to a lot of wear and tear. Either on a headform or wrapped in plastic in a box are the standard methods.

It's still a puzzler as to why Immortal aren't just marketing these on their own site? If they have the licence and it's all good, direct sales would be a good road I would have thought? This whole fun.com thing I'm guessing, has left quite a few fans scratching their heads, wondering what is happening with this situation? At this rate, I can't see it being released in time for Halloween...however I would love to be proven wrong. Either they might open the gates a week before...or it will be delayed further?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FurnaceFreak For This Useful Post:

KennyThaKilla (10-10-2016)