User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: nightmare mask by realflesh

  1. #1
    Ricky78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    nightmare mask by realflesh

    Already have the inferno from wfx and just purchased the part 4 from darkride, now I'm looking for the nightmare mask from realflesh if any one has one for sale.....I've gone mask crazy

  2. #2
    FurnaceFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you find one. The RealFlesh Nightmare was the one I was after, but they seem to be thin on the ground. I sold a Darkride mask a couple of days ago, mainly to fund other things. WFX Brian's brand-new sculpt looks great, and his repaints are ace. I saw a WFX repainted Darkride 4 last year, and it looked superb.

  3. #3
    Ricky78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FurnaceFreak View Post
    Hope you find one. The RealFlesh Nightmare was the one I was after, but they seem to be thin on the ground. I sold a Darkride mask a couple of days ago, mainly to fund other things. WFX Brian's brand-new sculpt looks great, and his repaints are ace. I saw a WFX repainted Darkride 4 last year, and it looked superb.
    I did contact realflesh direct and all they said (literally ) was not for sale sorry. I also asked them if they was doing anything similar in the future and they said they wasn't so it looks like the nightmare is the only one out there. But yes they r hard to find i don't even know if there are loads out there. Did u say wfx repainted a darkride? I've also seen the sculpt of the new mask from them it looked good but was disappointed with the actual mask

  4. #4
    FurnaceFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky78 View Post
    I did contact realflesh direct and all they said (literally ) was not for sale sorry. I also asked them if they was doing anything similar in the future and they said they wasn't so it looks like the nightmare is the only one out there. But yes they r hard to find i don't even know if there are loads out there. Did u say wfx repainted a darkride? I've also seen the sculpt of the new mask from them it looked good but was disappointed with the actual mask
    I've heard pretty much the same thing. As far as I know, RealFlesh have stopped producing Freddy masks altogether.
    I almost bought that WFX repainted Darkride last year when it was on eBay, but sadly my budget wouldn't allow it. I was gutted I wasn't able to buy it, as it looked terrific. It had a very dark, wet looking paint-effect on it. CFX do great re-paints as well. I had a Darkride 2 repainted by them last year...now also sold to fund different things.

  5. #5
    Ricky78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FurnaceFreak View Post
    I've heard pretty much the same thing. As far as I know, RealFlesh have stopped producing Freddy masks altogether.
    I almost bought that WFX repainted Darkride last year when it was on eBay, but sadly my budget wouldn't allow it. I was gutted I wasn't able to buy it, as it looked terrific. It had a very dark, wet looking paint-effect on it. CFX do great re-paints as well. I had a Darkride 2 repainted by them last year...now also sold to fund different things.
    $_1.jpg

    Didn't know u could get them repainted. My part 4 is with the matt look with the dark paint I think, not sure what I prefer, the wet or matt. Wat sort of charge did they hit u with for the repaint mate.

  6. #6
    FurnaceFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky78 View Post


    Didn't know u could get them repainted. My part 4 is with the matt look with the dark paint I think, not sure what I prefer, the wet or matt. Wat sort of charge did they hit u with for the repaint mate.
    That looks ace. I like both the matt and wet looking repaints. I find the wetter looking paintjobs look great in low-light levels as the dim light bounces off the scarring and makes it look more sinister.

    I think most mask companies will be happy to repaint for you, regardless of who originally made the mask.

    I got in touch with CFX last year, and their comms I have to admit were excellent. I asked them what I wanted, and around 2 months later, they delivered. Including shipping, it was around the 300 mark I think. Brian at WFX is known to have great customer-service, so if you're thinking of a new paintjob, it might be worth dropping an email to him.

    This is the WFX repainted Darkride 4 I nearly bought. I think this is a top-level paintjob...

    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Ricky78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FurnaceFreak View Post
    That looks ace. I like both the matt and wet looking repaints. I find the wetter looking paintjobs look great in low-light levels as the dim light bounces off the scarring and makes it look more sinister.

    I think most mask companies will be happy to repaint for you, regardless of who originally made the mask.

    I got in touch with CFX last year, and their comms I have to admit were excellent. I asked them what I wanted, and around 2 months later, they delivered. Including shipping, it was around the 300 mark I think. Brian at WFX is known to have great customer-service, so if you're thinking of a new paintjob, it might be worth dropping an email to him.

    This is the WFX repainted Darkride 4 I nearly bought. I think this is a top-level paintjob...

    Looks good with the shine but u are right, I think it depends on the light as both masks look good in different lighting. My only complaint is the eye holes, the mask traps the outside of my eyes a bit so it's uncomfortable. I don't know whether to give them a little trim but I don't want to fuck up the good work. I only need maybe another 3 or 4 mm each side for a perfect fit

  8. #8
    FurnaceFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. As these are "one size fits most" pieces, some will fit better than others. The eyeholes on my first Darkride were very uncomfortable, and I very carefully trimmed them with a sharp pair of small nail-scissors....whereas my second Darkride didn't need any trimming at all. If you want to go for the trim, take it very very carefully and trim off tiny amounts at a time. If you're planning a repaint, I'd suggest do the trimming first, then have it repainted, as the new paintjob will cover the newly trimmed areas.

  9. #9
    Ricky78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh good to hear that they can be trimmed a little and that someone was brave enough to go for it. As I said, a little bit more room around the sides and I'll be %100 happy. After all I need to be able to see who I'm scaring.......

  10. #10
    FurnaceFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky78 View Post
    Ahhhh good to hear that they can be trimmed a little and that someone was brave enough to go for it. As I said, a little bit more room around the sides and I'll be %100 happy. After all I need to be able to see who I'm scaring.......
    Also, would you be able to manipulate the eyeholes when you are wearing the mask until they are more comfy? That can be done as well without the need for trimming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •