User Tag List

Thread: Putting together my Freddy costume!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting together my Freddy costume!

First off I'm new here so welcome!! I am putting together a Freddy costume and I'm not really going for movie accuracy as I am just going for Freddy accuracy! By that I mean there are different things about his look that I like better in numerous movies and not everything about it in just one of the movies! I've got my Darkride part 4 v2 mask and arm being made and should hopefully have it at the end of this month!! My favorite glove is the part 4 so that is the one that I'll be ordering! I'm still undecided on the fedora as I really like the darker ones better than the regular brown but I can't order one until I get my mask so that I can get an accurate measurement! Now, I have gotten a version 2 sweater from Mondo Tee's and have already ripped out the neck, waist, and cuffs! I'm trying to decide on using flat black spray paint or a torch, maybe a little of each? Any suggestions? I also got a pair of black dress pants from Walmart and am wondering if I should weather those or leave them as is? If so, how much should I weather them and any ideas on what kind of weathering would look the best? I also have a pair of black dress shoes but I'm not 100% sure if I'm using those yet or not! Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone for any input and it's great to be here!! I've already had many of your posts spark some ideas about my own look!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie For This Useful Post:

freddyphile1428 (05-13-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get boots for him, then the Part 2 fedora

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ranshiiekrueger84 For This Useful Post:

Jamie (05-13-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do u recommend a particular brand and style of boots?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go for combat style 80's boots

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranshiiekrueger84 For This Useful Post:

Jamie (05-14-2017),JJS (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you got your costume bases covered as for a fedora I went with a black one even mine sorta looks like something the Undertaker wore. But it's cool. Still it's your costume and do whatever you want makes you feel like yeah this is badass.
    True Strength comes from within.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezilla82 For This Useful Post:

Jamie (05-24-2017),JJS (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I weathered my sweater, pants, and boots! Still waiting on my mask and left arm so that I can get the right measurement to order a fedora although to waste time I'm thinking about attempting to make one just for fun and to see how well it turns out! Here's my costume so far!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie For This Useful Post:

JJS (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good .. you get your mask yet

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    First off I'm new here so welcome!! I am putting together a Freddy costume and I'm not really going for movie accuracy as I am just going for Freddy accuracy! By that I mean there are different things about his look that I like better in numerous movies and not everything about it in just one of the movies! I've got my Darkride part 4 v2 mask and arm being made and should hopefully have it at the end of this month!! My favorite glove is the part 4 so that is the one that I'll be ordering! I'm still undecided on the fedora as I really like the darker ones better than the regular brown but I can't order one until I get my mask so that I can get an accurate measurement! Now, I have gotten a version 2 sweater from Mondo Tee's and have already ripped out the neck, waist, and cuffs! I'm trying to decide on using flat black spray paint or a torch, maybe a little of each? Any suggestions? I also got a pair of black dress pants from Walmart and am wondering if I should weather those or leave them as is? If so, how much should I weather them and any ideas on what kind of weathering would look the best? I also have a pair of black dress shoes but I'm not 100% sure if I'm using those yet or not! Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone for any input and it's great to be here!! I've already had many of your posts spark some ideas about my own look!!
    How did you fray up the sweater? I bought a spirit Halloween sweater and I am trying to figure out how to fray up the collar and bottom and cuffs please help if you have any advice would be grateful