User Tag List

Thread: My first REAL glove! (Kit by RazorGloves.com)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first REAL glove! (Kit by RazorGloves.com)

Ever since I made my first glove out of that cheapy aluminum stuff I've been wanting to make a real one... but didn't feel like buying copper sheets. However, I stumbled across RazorGloves kit and immediately ordered it up and I'm so glad I did.

The glove is based off the part 1 glove, and template wise looks incredibly accurate per my knowledge.

Having never worked on metal before within the realms of soldering, this was quite a task for me to uptake. Armed with just a propane blowtorch and some crap solder from the 60s that was lying around the workshop, I set out to solder the blades.... which was very difficult without a proper clamp system so, everything was done free-hand. As physically painful as it was, they came out RELATIVELY straight and seem quite sturdy.

There was enough material on these kit pieces to custom fit the glove to my hand; and I have some relatively long fingers (that apparently bend at awkward angles due to the fact that the glove has some pretty off angled bends hahah).

Overall this was a pretty fun build; I only wish the leather glove I used was a little bit bigger in the fingers as they don't fit over the tips correctly.

I tried to go for a more 'weathered' looking glove like the later movies had, with the shaping of the Part 1 glove here. I always thought it was a little odd how the first couple of gloves always looked so new and shiney when they were used by a nightmare demon who was set on fire, haha, so let's just say I set this glove on fire more than a few times to get the look it currently has.

Enjoy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jarrodthebobo For This Useful Post:

BRUBANED (12-06-2017),CerealKiller (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good, i like it man. This is what i'm talking about, building gloves should all about fun because it's art My first glove was made with cardboard and second glove made with aluminum. My buddy Andrew stumbled upon the video of my aluminum glove and he provided me materials for free (except the leather glove), that's my first time handling real Freddy glove material. Then, i start growing on it and buy my own materials and make more gloves. Keep practicing myself on weathering and soldering xP

I made myself my very first attempt part 4 (second attempt backplate), first attempt SOAHM, first attempt part 4 AST and my second attempt AST part 1/2.
    IMG_5400.jpgIMG_5340.jpgIMG_4803.jpgIMG_4569.jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .........Overall this was a pretty fun build; I only wish the leather glove I used was a little bit bigger in the fingers as they don't fit over the tips correctly.

I tried to go for a more 'weathered' looking glove like the later movies had, with the shaping of the Part 1 glove here. I always thought it was a little odd how the first couple of gloves always looked so new and shiney when they were used by a nightmare demon who was set on fire, haha, so let's just say I set this glove on fire more than a few times to get the look it currently has.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Fabulous looking glove Jarrod. Congrats!!