User Tag List

Thread: NOES 5 Screen USed Glove ID

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOES 5 Screen USed Glove ID

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, and i've been fascinated by some of the chats regarding the screen used gloves. There's one coming up for auction and i'm curious about authenticity. It's signed by Mr. Effner inside. I'm wondering if it's one that you all may recognize...

If love to hear your thoughts about it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexpuente For This Useful Post:

Asmodeus (05-13-2018),DAKAZA (05-13-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to be screen matched, because there were so many, plus the picture from the film is not even of a Part 5 glove, it's the Part 4 hero, lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, about 10,000 "screen-used" Effner gloves have been sold to private collectors, and none of them have been screen matched. Even the "secondary hero" that everybody replicates doesn't appear in the movie at all. Regardless, this might be the coolest looking Effner glove I've seen.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many Effner gloves it's insane. I really like this one. Great find.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Effner made many gloves for part 5 and called them screenused even if it's not used on screen, so he could sold it and get some cash

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    I believe Effner made many gloves for part 5 and called them screenused even if it's not used on screen, so he could sold it and get some cash
    I have one of the Effner gloves. The paperwork from his family stated it was the first glove he made and wasn't actually planned to be sold.
    During filming most of the gloves may have been used but when cutting and editing process ends it may well be that a glove may only have been a few seconds used on screen eventhough it may have had quite some production time.
    What you believe Effner made gloves only to sell and make money is something you read elsewhere and now shout along with the rest but can't show proof of that I assume?....
    It's a strange thing for sure when you look at certain films...Hollowman had numerous "hero" masks up for sale. V for vendetta....Scream....The Mask ...all had countless masks up for sale which indeed may all have been used but nobody knows for sure where in what scenes......Any idea how many screen used VS gloves are out there at this moment? You may be surprised lol....
    Last edited by BRUBANED; 05-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUBANED View Post
    I have one of the Effner gloves. The paperwork from his family stated it was the first glove he made and wasn't actually planned to be sold.
    During filming most of the gloves may have been used but when cutting and editing process ends it may well be that a glove may only have been a few seconds used on screen eventhough it may have had quite some production time.
    What you believe Effner made gloves only to sell and make money is something you read elsewhere and now shout along with the rest but can't show proof of that I assume?....
    It's a strange thing for sure when you look at certain films...Hollowman had numerous "hero" masks up for sale. V for vendetta....Scream....The Mask ...all had countless masks up for sale which indeed may all have been used but nobody knows for sure where in what scenes......Any idea how many screen used VS gloves are out there at this moment? You may be surprised lol....
    i have been looking for a screen used vs glove for years lol. I never seem to find one. Its always after the fact. The one in the op posted I planned in trying to get it at the upcoming heritage auction. But ive been reading all different things online. Several star wars items (as well as others) items have already been pulled from the auction dur to people emailing them to say they were not as advertised. So now im concerned about bidding. Maybe one day someone on this forum will have a real screen used glove they want to sell lol. Until then the hunt continues

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Part 5 gloves I believe that are easily identifiable in the movie are

1) The poster glove
    2) The part 4 hero
    3) The Part 6 secondary hero

That's kind of it. Even the spoon glove isn't seen that well. All the other shots are so shadowy and obscure...No one can really tell. Like the glove with the obviously plastic blades, when he's holding Alice at the end...The glove when he is holding the pipe...The glove from the truck scene. The glove from the sparks scene. We don't see 'em much.

Part 5 is unique in that, it never featured a hero shot for the glove. We never saw the damn thing properly. It's my personal opinion that Effner just made a boatload of gloves, and many of them ended up on screen. He also made many fakes. I don't think we'll ever know. I think any glove made by Effner is cool. It's kinda like the Remake gloves replica thing. They are all slightly different, but yet they are made by the same hands that made the screen-used remake glove.

That's all I need.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Asmodeus For This Useful Post:

CerealKiller (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these Effner gloves were featured in the TV series. Maybe he built a bunch specifically for that show. One, which is in a private collection was recently screen matched to a scene in the show.